Whether you have a strong “can-do” attitude, tremendous desire and will, or you have a history of meeting the next challenge; it is equally important for you to know what and where your true or natural or desired limitations are. Ask yourself:
- Do I really have the capacity to take on that next project or volunteer right now for this interesting opportunity?
- Is the talent required something I can really delivered?
- With this new accountability, am I able to continue to “do it all?”
- Is my body able to sustain the fuel and energy required? Or, do I have to find a partner,ask for help, etc.?
- Does an old dream of greatness fade in the crisp, sweet current reality you have created?
Being honest about my limitations does not damage my sense of adventure or reputation or worth. Being honest about my limitations brings honor to who I really am.